TEACHING PIANO PERFORMANCE
Under Dr. Bedford’s guidance, students reach and even surpass their potential. At West Chester University School of Music, students have opportunities to showcase their talent in professional settings.
- Dr. Bedford’s prize winning students have performed with the Hershey Symphony, Newark Symphony, Kennett Square Symphony, Bridgeton Symphony and Pottstown Symphony.
- Twenty three of Dr. Bedford's advanced piano majors have performed Concerti with the West Chester University Orchestra as winners of senior/graduate music department competition.
Many of Dr. Bedford’s students have gone on to have successful careers, several of them as professional musicians. Career highlights of Dr. Bedford’s students include:
- Graduate assistantships and full tuition scholarships at many universities including Florida State University, Cincinnati University, and West Chester University.
- Professors, chairs and supervisors of music faculties in prestigious public and private music schools including colleges, universities and the Upper Darby School District in Pennsylvania and the Wilmington School of Music in Delaware.
- One of his graduates, Barbara Mason Benglian, MM.Ed., District Music Supervisor for the Upper Darby School District, was named 2006 Pennsylvania Teacher Of the Year.
- Tenured positions throughout the country as university faculty members.